A common complaint I hear again and again is "I have no time to exercise" and it saddens me that many women think you need to spend hours at the gym to get the body you want. The quickest way to get results is with an in home workout!! First off I want to say YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL just the way you are. A healthy body begins with SELF LOVE! Secondly, you DON'T need to spend hours every week at the gym to change your body. Yes it takes effort and yes it takes motivation and yet is takes time, but if you learn tricks to include exercise in your day to day life you are half way there. Now it doesn't JUST take these methods to trim up and lose the baby weight.....but it sure helps.
So listen closely to some of my simple rules to follow so you can begin too see the results you crave with your very own in home workout.
1. Brushing your teeth....That's two minutes where you can't do anything else (unless you're really good at one handed tasks) For these two minutes (and my electric tooth brush times me) try to do as many squats as you can. You can change it up each time, one day you can do regular squats, the next day you might do a sumo squat. If you get really good, use the bath tub and do split squats with one foot on the tub!
2. Unloading the dishwasher...Next time why not try doing a wall sit against the kitchen cabinets. Load up the dishes on your knees to add weight as you go along. You can also lunge, squat, lateral leg raises or even butt kicks as you unload.
3. Walking up stairs....I seem to go up and down stairs all day. I forget things ALL the time so I end up doing the stairs way more than before I had kiddies. Why not try running up and down twice (takes just as long as walking up once), squat on each step, skip a step and add a knee up, side step up or if you don't have pelvic floor issues or Diastasis Recti...try jump squats up the steps.
4. Bath time....Another moment in time when you have nothing else you can do. Its easier to do this with toddlers and older children as they can sit up, wash themselves and spends MOST of the time playing! Add a few exercises into you routine. I like push ups on the bath tub, plank on the bath tub, mountain climb and plank rotations! All while trying not the get wet.
5. Sweeping the floor/vacuum cleaning...Put your back into this one. You can pick any traveling movement for this. Lunge, side step squat, jump, butt kicks and lateral leg abductions.
Now most of you are probably thinking...."this woman is crazy!" as if I have the energy to add these to my already exhausting day! Dont worry, I like to introduce exercise little by little. Don't try to do these ALL in one day, you are more likely to fail if you do. Pick one to try out first, then another week add a second and so on. A healthy body is all about your lifestyle, not a fad diet or a quick 30 day challenge.
Happy workouts mamas, don't give up!!