For all you moms who don’t have time to get to a gym, OR don’t feel comfortable going to a gym….here is a little workout for you!! You don’t need equipment to get the full benefits of exercise, you don’t even need a lot of time! We can all find 7 minutes in our day right? That’s all this workout needs, unless you want to repeat the workout multiple times to get in a full 24 min session.
The challenges a mother can face in a day really puts you off getting a workout in. Some days I will go to the gym for a ‘break’ from my daughter, some days I’ll do my workout with her, then others I’ll wait till she naps. Either way I make it a habit to exercise. Now this doesn’t have to be an hour long workout. It can be anything from 7 mins to 60 mins (sometimes 90 depending on how much of a break I need). You will find which time of the day suits you best. If you are a new mom, the times will change as you go through peaks and troughs with your little.
The BEST thing about a home workout is you can do it in the comfort of your own home, with no one watching you (except maybe a baby/toddler).
With this work out you can modify the exercises to suit you, do each one for 60 seconds and rest for 30. Repeat three times if needed;
- Exercise ONE: Jump switch lunge OR alternate lunge
- Exercise TWO: Jumping lateral leg slide OR single leg slide (30 secs each side)
- Exercise THREE: Sliding mountain climb (fast) OR sliding mountain climb (slow)
- Exercise FOUR: Sliding plank abduction on hands OR sliding plank abduction on elbows
- Exercise FIVE: Balancing leg slide side and back
NOT suitable for Diastasis Recti, pelvic floor issues or beyond the first trimester in pregnancy.