In the past women were discouraged from exercising during pregnancy for fear of miscarriage, premature delivery or low birth weight. However, there was very little research conducted to prove these theories and the studies available were of animals and not humans. Over time more and more studies were done (on humans) and the data concluded it was indeed safe for women to exercise during pregnancy. However, there is more research needed as more and more women are pushing their limits when pregnant.
Some of the many benefits;
- Promotes healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Helps you to lose the baby weight after your baby is born
- Reduces back pain
- Shorter, less complicated labor and delivery
- May decrease your risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and cesarean delivery
- Improves your overall general fitness and strengthens your heart and blood vessels
Always consult with a medical professional before starting any exercise regime.
Full Body Stability Ball Pregnancy Workout
Complete each exercise 15 times and repeat the sequence 3 times through. ENGAGE YOUR CORE THROUGHOUT THIS SEQUENCE!
- Stability Ball Squat (use dumbbells if body weight is too easy)
- Stability Ball Wall Push Up
- Stability Ball Plié Squat
- Stability Ball Toe Tap to Over Head (straight arms)
- Stability Ball Hip Thrusts
- Side Lying Abduction
- Stability Ball Glute Kickbacks
- Stability Ball Over Head Pass